Here’s What You Need To Remember During The Home Buying Process
There are some things you should and shouldn’t do when it comes to the home buying process. We are here to help you throughout the process and into your new home. Here’s what you need to remember during this time.
The Don’ts - Please avoid doing any of these things during the home buying process or at least within 90 days of buying a home.
- Don’t apply or open any new credit cards (it doesn’t matter if you are “pre-approved”)
- Don’t make any large purchases, such as a car
- Don’t close any of your current credit card accounts
- Don’t move banks or change your bank accounts
- Don’t choose this time to consolidate your credit cards or debt
- Don’t pay off any collections you may have (talk with your lender first)
- Don’t open a new cell phone account or for that matter any new accounts
- Don’t take out any other forms of loans
The Do’s - Here is what you need to remember to do during the home buying process.
- Do continue to pay your current rent or mortgage payments on time
- Do pay all your existing credit bills on time
- Do continue to stay employed with your current employer
- Do keep your current insurance company
- Do call your mortgage lender at any time with questions or any changes that may occur with your financial situation
- Do call your real estate agent with any questions or concerns you may have